HOW TO DETERMINE THE CORRECT SIZE OF SUIT.
THE BETTER THE FIT, THE BETTER IT PERFORMS.
Only clothing that fits the wearer properly will offer the best protection, not just from the elements but more importantly from the crashes and accidents that motoryclists are vulnerable to.
In general: "The closer the fit, the better the garment can perform its function."
HOW DO I KNOW, IF THE GARMENT FITS PROPERLY?
THERE ARE A NUMBER OF CONDITIONS TO NOTE WHEN TESTING.
- Always check the fit whilst sat on a motorycle!
- It is necessary to close all zips, fastners and components.
- Insert all protectors : eg back and chest protectors, inner air bag vest etc.
- Put on your riding boots!
- Wear close fitting, functional underwear beneath the suit!
PRINCIPLES TO ASSESS THE CORRECT SIZE
PAY ATTENTION TO THE FOLLOWING IMPORTANT POINTS
Measurements, lengths, protectors – the three main factors to consider.
- MEASUREMENTS – if you can put on the suit and zip it up then that’s a good start! It is not desirable to leave extra space inside the garment for thick underwear. Doing so creates voids and folds, causing discomfort.
- LENGTHS – These must be checked whilst on the motorcycle and with riding boots on!
(1) The optimum "neck/crotch" length of the suit is determined when the garment does not press excessively onto the throat.
(2) With the correct "crotch/knee" length the knee protector shell sits centrally on the joint. In checking this, relax slightly on the bike, stick the leg out to the side then move it back to the foot rest. Try to sit back into the bike, stick out the knee and then again back into normal position. Throughout all these checks the suits should feel snug but at the same time without high tension in this direction.
(3) The leg length "knee/ankle" depends on if the suit is manufactured to be worn inside or over the boot. The option to be worn inside the boot mans that the length can end well above the ankle. This is to facilitate comfort inside the boot and does not mean that the garment is manufactured too short.
(4) The optimum length of the "shoulder to wrist" is for the sleeve end to lie 2cm inside the glove. The sleeve is too long if the material bunches when the handlebars are turned.
- PROTECTORS – check the position of all protectors. Are they covering the parts they are supposed to? Especially shoulders, elbows, knees. Pay particlular attention to the perimiter of the elbow and knee protectors. They should not be able to rotate. Check the position of elbow and forearm protectors when the arms are outsteretched to the handlebars. They should remain covering the target area and not move elsewhere.
If the above conditions are all met, with the garment on your body, it can be assumed that the suit fits properly and shall serve well providing both comfort and protection.
WHAT TO DO IF THE SUIT DOES NOT FIT?
CONSIDER A TAILOR MADE ITEM
If none of the “off the peg” sizes fit, then we will be happy to produce a tailor made garment to your needs. Avoid compromise when selecting this kind of product. The correct choice can easily mitigate, or in some cases even eliminate, the consequences from the all too frequent accidents than often happen.
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN OFF THE PEG AND TAILOR MADE SUITS
WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE IN SIZING OF LEATHER AND TEXTILE CLOTHING?
LEATHER IS A NATURAL PRODUCT THAT ADAPTS TO THE BODY, TEXTILE DOES NOT
WHEN CHOSING GARMETS MADE OF LEATHER
consider the properties of the material. Leather is naturally elastic and will partially adapt to the wearers physique. The size we therefore consider closer to the body. The user should not be concerned about any stiffness or rigidity in a new leather suit. During use and contact with the user it shall naturally soften and flex providing both great comfort and protection at the same time.
WHEN CHOSING GARMENTS MADE OF TEXTILE
choose a garment that fits perfectly and suits your needs right from the start. It should not impede movement on the motorcycle in any way at all. Textile garments maintain size and shape throughout their lifetime. This is why textile garments are sized and selected to be much looser than leather. For added comfort we recommend selecting textiles in combination with quality stretch materials.
Clothing made of leather, due to its greater grip along with closer fit to the wearer and more stable fixation of protectors in exposed places, provides greater rider protection when in contact with the road. The surface of the material facilitates smoother sliding along the tarmac and reduces drag.
CONSULT WITH EXPERTS ABOUT SIZING
WE HAVE SPECIALISED IN MOTOWEAR MANUFACTURE FOR 30 YEARS
To determine the correct size, speak to our specialist staff. We are the manufacturer of our goods thus not restricted to offer only “off the peg” sizes but also offer the option of bespoke, tailor made items to all our customers. Rest assured that we are first and foremost the best choice for you as a biker at risk to accidents. Regardless of if you select a custom made or standard size product we, undoubtedly, provide you with the highest levels of protection on your travels.
WHAT TO DO IF MY SIZE CHANGES DURING OWNERSHIP?
CONTACT US WE CAN PROVIDE ADJUSTMENTS.
We know your motowear perfectly. We designed it and made it in our own production facility. This is why we can provide the best solution for you even if your size has changed and need to have a used product altered.